Dynamic Shoulder Support
shoulderX is a revolutionary industrial arm exoskeleton developed in collaboration with UC Berkeley through numerous field evaluations across a range of industries. shoulderX augments its wearer by reducing gravity-induced forces at the shoulder complex, enabling the wearer to perform chest to ceiling level tasks for longer durations and with less effort. shoulderX balances the combined weight of the wearer’s arm and tool s/he is holding throughout the body’s range of motion, and can be quickly tuned for different levels of support. An anthropometric profile and adjustable sizing allows for natural movement and intuitive awareness of the wearer’s position within tight spaces.
- Adjustable Support: Support capacity can be quickly changed to accommodate different users, tools, tasks, and fatigue level.
- Optimized Support: Support force gradually increases as the user lifts his arms and becomes near zero when the arms are lowered, allowing the user to rest arms naturally or reach for tools on their tool belt.
- Load Distribution: shoulderX transfers forces from the arms to the hips when worn alone, or to the ground when worn in conjunction with legX
- Adjustable Size: Fits range of worker height, waist size, shoulder width, chest depth, and arm length (5%-95% of human dimensions)
- Anthropometric Profile: Follows user's body to fit in tight spaces and changing environments
- Lightweight: shoulderX weighs 9.4 lbs (4.3 kg) with one arm attached and 11.7 lbs (5.3 kg) with two arms attached
- No Batteries Required: Cleverly designed to reduce the risk of shoulder and arm injuries without the use of actuators and computers
- Rugged: Waterproof, dustproof, and easy to maintain
- Comfortable: Minimal inhibition of arm and torso range of motion. Designed for all-day wear
- Modular: One or two arm use, compatible with backX and legX.
- Compatible: Compatible with standard construction safety harnesses and tool belts, allowing workers normal equipment to retain functionality
- Quick Donning and Doffing: Less than 1 minute to put on or take off
- Unlike other devices in the market, shoulderX does not require additional hardware (cartridges, cassettes, springs, etc.) to adjust shoulder support strength. This eliminates the risk of losing components and eliminates the need to coordinate and carry additional components.
- Unlike other devices that protrude significantly behind its user, shoulderX has a slim profile that allows it to be used in confined spaces and reduce the risk of bumping into surrounding objects or personnel.
The price for shoulderX is $4000 for quantities less than 20
For purchasing and higher quantity prices contact firstname.lastname@example.org
shoulderX in various applications
The best applications for shoulderX are those that require sustained work at chest to ceiling level with light to moderate weight tools.
Examples include overhead assembly, paneling, electrical work, welding, grinding, picking, pruning, painting, inspection, and drilling.